1. The first step when laying floor tiles manufactured from natural stone is to unpack and move them indoors to allow them to acclimatise to the atmosphere inside your home.
2. Thoroughly clean your floor tiles and allow them to dry.
3. It is really important to blend the floor tiles before laying by picking from different packs (when using multiple packs), or different areas from within one pack (when using just one pack of floor tiles).
4. Lay your floor tiles using the appropriate stone tile adhesive for your tile project i.e. thickbed tile adhesive etc.
5. With your floor tiles layed, make sure they are clean and dry before sealing with the appropriate stone tile sealant.
6. Grouting of your floor tiles should not take place for approximately 24 hours after they have been sealed. Ensure you clean all grout stains and residue away before allowing them to thoroughly dry.
7. The final step of our 'how to lay floor tiles' guidelines is to make sure the floor is clean and dry. You may wish to re-seal if necessary.
For a more detailed explanation on how to lay floor tiles manufactured from natural stone, see our Stone Floor and Wall Tile Installation Instructions page