Equal is a seating solution with a simple geometry formed by a combination of cast concrete and the warmth of wood, it has great proportion and balance. At almost 3 meters in length there is ample space for sitting and sharing and offers a comfortable, attractive surface.
The balance of the design has truly been captured:
Balance between its use, allowing users to sit on the seat or bench section, with or without the backrest. Balance between the two contrasting materials using a combination of concrete and wood. Balance between its volume, the shape of the base of the seat, emerges as a backrest, creating its mirror image; a reflected duplication that appears almost identical, but is reversed. Balance between its inclined and right angle planes, creating a simple yet surprising geometry.
The weight of the unit allows for unanchored installation and can be free standing.
Equal was designed in 2009 by architect Pepe Gascón in conjunction with Escofet.
- Design style has great proportion and balance
- Combination of cast concrete and wood
- 3 meters in length providing ample space for sitting with and without backrest
- FSC® certified timber responsibly sourced from well managed forests (FSC® C133609)
Q50 Site/street furniture/equipment
escofet flor benches and equal seats
Equal Seat BIM Model
At Marshalls we work alongside appropriate guidelines in which we are able to provide high quality 3D objects of our products that contain rich data to satisfy that information required by our clients.
We strive to improve the relationship with stakeholders and the BIM process enables us to share the relevant information.
- Our BIM models are available to download directly from our BIM library.
- We have a range of models available in AutoDesk Revit format including CoBie, IFC and NBS data.