CE Marking Glossary of Terms
The following are a list of acronyms and terms you may encounter when dealing with CE Markings and Declarations of Performance, together with a definition for each.
- Construction Products Regulations – the over arching legal regulations leading to the establishment of CE marking.
- Conformité Européenne (or European Conformity) mark signifying that the product meets the basic requirements of construction works (BRCW) within the essential characteristics set by harmonised standards.
- Harmonised standard within the Official Journal of the EU leading to application of CE marking.
- Declaration of Performance; a summary of the essential characteristics of the product and a signed declaration that these statements and the requirements of the regulations have been met through a system of AVCP.
- Assessment and Verification of Constancy of Performance. The system by which manufacturers and importers establish, implement and maintain information relating to CE.
You can use our handy online CE Mark and Declaration of Performance search tool, or browse our full library of Declaration of Performance documents online.