Quality driveway and patio products and accessories for homeowners
An unrivalled range of external hard landscaping products for public sector and commercial projects
Global expertise from projects spanning the globe
Our comprehensive range of block paving provides the perfect solution whether you are looking for domestic use or for larger scale commercial projects
End-of-line or non-standard colour products for driveways and patios
Bollards and street furniture for public spaces or commercial premises
Marshalls has supplied the construction, home improvement and landscape markets since the 1890s
Read about Marshalls' shared values; Leadership, Excellence, Trust and Sustainability
Access and read Marshalls' latest policies from the policy library
Marshalls has been recognised and awarded accreditations by numerous independent bodies
Executive profiles for the Marshalls board
Review Marshalls' corporate governance policy and committees terms of reference
Our approach to managing risk to delivery strategic objectives
Marshalls is a benchmark for excellence, and continues to be widely regarded as a leader in its field.
Marshalls' commercial business offers a huge range of products to suit a vast range of different specifications and requirements
Marshalls' domestic business offers homeowners the ability to create beautiful and practical outdoor spaces
Marshalls is committed to achieving the highest standards across all its operations
Discover the 12 emerging trends that will shape the built environment
Find out about our stance and policies on Human Rights
From living wages in the UK to elimination of child labour, find more about our work
Understand more about the work we do in climate change, water and biodiversity
Working against corruption wherever we do business
Working in a responsible way in all we do
All our guides, reports, policy statements and certificates
An A-Z of sustainability terms to help you understand the jargon
Use our online tool to calculate the carbon footprint of your chosen commercial products
Some of our favourite online sustainability resources
All of our modern slavery statements and reports
Share price data, latest regulatory news and reports
Review and download share price
Access and download annual & interim reports
Download and review presentations and speeches
Broker forecasts for Marshalls PLC
Details on Marshalls' latest AGM
Detailed review of Marshalls' financial performance
Key dates for the Marshalls financial calendar
Up-to-date regulatory news
Information about Marshalls' business model and company strategy
Our progress towards the achievement of our objectives
A list of our various advisers and registrars
View Marshalls' latest news, videos and social media channels
Access and download the latest press releases from Marshalls
Marshalls' latest news from across the Group
Latest job vacancies, FAQS and bios
View our latest vacancies, sign up for job alerts
Learn about what it means to work at Marshalls
Learn about how our employees are committed to our goals and values
Please enter a short phrase to see the results here
We found the following that match your phrase...
Sorry, we couldn't find anything matching your phrase
Marshalls' Tips on Avoiding 'Cowboy' Contractors
Many consumers across the UK are being duped by un-reputable ‘Cowboy Contractors’ who cold call on homes offering driveway and patio installations. Here, Marshalls offer their advice on avoiding these rogue traders.
Marshalls tips to AVOID being duped by a cowboy contractor:
• Be VERY wary of installers who arrive on your doorstep looking for work or who can ‘start tomorrow’. Reputable installers usually need many weeks’ notice before they can start as not only are they busy, but they need time to plan your job and order suitable materials
• Professional contractors do not solicit business by cold calling - homeowners should be suspicious of anyone who intrudes into the privacy of their own home selling services or products
• Be firm with cold callers – decline their services and close the door – do not be pushed into long conversations or accepting their services
• NEVER EVER accept a verbal estimate – always ask for a written quote and contract
• Seek at least three quotes. These should be dated on headed paper with an address and telephone number. All professional contractors should have a business address and land line telephone number – anyone with just a mobile number as a contact can easily disappear and can be difficult to trace
• Choose the contractor you are most comfortable with and one that understands your needs and remember, cheaper isn’t always best!
• Don’t take them at face value - check them out – ask about previous contracts - can they show you work they have carried out previously?
• Is the installer prepared to offer a long-term, written guarantee? If not beware. Marshalls offer a comprehensive Hard Landscape guarantee* on work carried out by Marshalls Register members using Marshalls products
Commenting on the above, Dave Jessop, Operations Manager for the Marshalls Register, said: “Unfortunately, there are cowboy contractors operating in the UK and people need to be on their guard. We always warn consumers about the potential problems of dealing with contractors or sales people who turn up on their doorstep and we always recommend they use an approved trader, preferably, one that has been vetted in terms of the quality of their work and products. If the person or company claim to be approved by an organisation, please remember to check that their membership or approval is still current.”
As a reputable manufacturer of hard landscaping and block paving products for gardens and driveways, and as an affiliate Member of The Trading Standards Institute, Marshalls is at the forefront of trying to stamp out this kind of activity. To give consumers peace of mind when choosing a reputable landscaping contractor, Marshalls set up The Marshalls Register six years ago.
The Marshalls Register of Approved Landscape Contractors and Driveway Installers is a network of highly reputable professionals. All are independent businesses and are strictly vetted by Marshalls to ensure that the highest possible standards of installation are maintained.
To find a Marshalls Register contractor:
Log on to http://www.marshalls.co.uk/transform/ then click on ‘Our specialists’ on the right hand side, then ‘find an installer’ search function or call the Marshalls’ helpline for details of those in your area – Tel: 0870 120 7474. Appointing a Marshalls Register Contractor will give you peace of mind – they are fully qualified and will ensure only suitable products are used for the job. Many cowboy installers use sub-standard products and install products incorrectly so they fail very quickly.
The cookies on this site are set to "allow all" to give you the best experience. If you continue without changing these settings, you consent to this. If not, click on "settings" to change your preferences.