Box culverts are available in square or rectangular units and can be used as single or multi-unit runs, giving excellent mechanical and hydraulic performance and are suitable for a variety of applications such as Highways, Storm and Foul Sewers, Sea Outfalls, Tunnels and Subways, Underpasses, Stream Crossings, Vertical Chambers, Open Channels, Shafts, Attenuation and Storage Tanks.
Precast concrete box culverts are designed and manufactured in accordance with EN 14844 in both standard sizes available from stock and a bespoke range available upon request that are manufactured to customer specification, ensuring that those who require standard sizes as well as those who require something extra are catered for.
The culvert is available with end walls, access points, vent holes, inlets, outlets, double rungs, splayed ends, starter bars and threaded sockets, a range of different inverts, dry weather flow and dished inverts.
There is also the option of a bespoke range that is manufactured to customer specification, ensuring that those who require standard sizes as well as those who require something extra are catered for.
The concrete culvert can be supplied as standard units or vertical chambers; if being used as a channel, cover slabs can be supplied separately.
Benefits of Box Culverts include:
- Minimum maintenance - box culverts do not need any additional treatments to prolong life and they do not rust.
- Long-life performance – 120-year design life.
- Quick and easy installation as delivered to site ready to install.
- Whatever your requirements there are standard stock and bespoke culvert range options.
- Get optimum flow rates with the culverts smooth finish offering.
- Excellent mechanical and hydraulic performance as the smooth finish allows water to flow through.
- guide to site practice
- bsi mells 2019
- bsi pollington 2019
- bpda guide for offloading deliveries
- bpda technical brochure april 2021
- bpda manual handling
- bca eurocodes traffic loading and design assumptions
- iso9001 july 2019
- iso14001 2020
- box culvert handling and jointing instructions 2020
- archilles 2020 building confidence cert
|Product Name||Effective Area (m2)||Internal Dimensions Width (m)||Internal Dimensions Height (m)||Length (m)||External Dimensions Width (m)||External Dimensions Height (m)||Wall Thickness (mm)||Slab Thickness (mm)||Weight (tonne)|
|MC 27.18 A||4.8||2.7||1.8||1.5||3.15||2.30||225||250||9.41|
|MC 30.10 A||2.94||3||1||1.5||3.45||1.5||225||250||8.54|
All weights are approximate