We say no to carbon. For Marshalls, that means putting in place different initiatives that will have a demonstrable reduction on our carbon footprint – like installing solar panels and having approved science-based targets, carbon footprinting our entire range of products and getting 100% of our electricity from renewable sources.
We say no to pollution. In support of this, we're working to upgrade our fleet to standards that limit exhaust of harmful pollutants and improve fuel economy, as well as looking into fuel alternatives. We are also investigating different transport options for our product, and working to maximise efficiencies in our manufacturing processes, which includes automation and operational controls.
Read more about the RSPB Twite Recovery Project here.
- Carbon emissions targets approved by the Science Based Targets initiative
- 50% reduction in overall carbon footprint between 2008 and 2020
- All production plants use 100% renewable energy
- 8,000 tonnes of CO2e saved from green electricity in 2020
- Carbon footprinting of products since 2008
- In the last 5 years, our permeable paving has prevented 322,000m³ of flood water, equivalent to 192 Olympic swimming pools
- 14 year partnership with the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB)
- Reduce absolute emissions by 15% by 2025 (from a 2018 base year)
- Setting an internal carbon price
- Product carbon footprinting update
- Environmental risk profiling
- Focus on biodiversity
- Euro 6 standard for fleet